Saturday 10 May 2014

Why another blog?

Hello, my name is Kathi. I have a couple of different blogs online but I felt that the existing ones don't quite fit the writing I currently want to do. My LiVEJOURNAL is ostensibly a personal exploration which I started years ago, in a time that I was reconnecting with different aspects myself after being in a long term monogamous relationship.

The more recent and original compassionate Blogger page seeks to engage in discourse on social concerns from a socially conscientious approach drawing upon my professional experience in psychology, counselling, and research. As such, I have aimed to draw upon research and theory where appropriate. I have found however that this goal required more effort than I have been able to consistently maintain. I also want to keep this one separate from more personal reflections and writing, as I have linked one of the pieces there for my résumé (and hence removing my profile from public viewing so that this second blog can't be accessed via the other 1).

The style writing that has been on my mind of late, however, is something of a combination of the two. Drawing on my knowledges and experiences from both my personal and professional life, sometimes in one article, other times separately.

So Signposts and Mirrors is a place to consider directions, reflect, and to share my thoughts on various areas that could be of interest. I hope that you will at the very least find the posts food for thought. I also hope that I might be able to use the process of writing for this blog to polish my writing skills again, to reignite my flow, grammar and locate the breadth of vocabulary that have all become rather lackadaisical since I have ceased regularly composing.


1 I am aware that some would think it advisable to not publish anything online that you wouldn't want anyone to know, but let's not make it too easy!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck in achieving your goals :)

    The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with - Marty Feldman

    ReplyDelete